The United Nations Environment Programme will be hosting the Tunza International Youth Conference on the Environment in Nairobi, Kenya from
10 to 14 February 2013. It will bring together 200 youth from over 100 countries. The Conference Programme will include plenaries, workshops and
field trips. The overall theme is Health & the Environment and the subthemes include Youth & Entreprenuership, Sustainable Consumption/ State of the
Environment and Water. More details on the sub themes and workshop(s) registration will be provided later.
For more information on the Conference, and to submit a nomination from your organization please visit our website:
- For candidates to be considered you must be between 15-24 years of age by January, 2013.
- Candidates must be nominated by their organizations and must be active members.
- Only nominations from organizations working on or interested in environmental and sustainable development issues will be considered.
- Each nomination must have two candidates – one female and one male. But only one of them will be elected. (Please note that applications will not be considered unless the above is fulfilled).
- All nominations must reach UNEP on or before 15th December 2012.
See application foirm at:
For further information on the conference, please contact: The Children and Youth / Sport and the Environment Unit
Division of Communications and Public Information